This artificial reservoir in the vast Hungarian lowlands (Poesta) was created when the Tisza river was dammed. It grew into a mecca for nature and bird lovers, fishermen, and water sports enthusiasts. The fauna and flora are of a rarely seen wealth.
You discover the beauty of the lake that covers 127 km2:
- From a boat, canoe, kayak, whether or not accompanied by a guide.
- from the waterpromenade: you walk here among the reeds and you can also climb the panorama tower and look for birds of prey and herons.
- on the island where they have mapped out beautiful routes: the giant mayfly walk and the swamp walk
- on a bicycle on the dikes around the lake
- From one of the beaches around the lake
- on a jetski, a banana etc. for the sporty types
- by visiting the ecological center with, among other things, the largest freshwater aquarium in Europe
- by visiting the Fishladder, a hydraulic engineering work that aims to give fish access to the hinterland.
- on a cozy terrace with a snack and drink near the water
- looking at the hundreds of birds that feel at home here
- and new items are added every year …